Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Early American

KennyQuinn ate here the day after we visited The Wheelhouse. As we looked over the menu and chatted about our last visit to the Early American, I looked inside the little cream pitcher thing. I always do this when I plan on having coffee here because when I went to Central Middle School this girl I used to be friends with would spit in them on a regular basis. That's a heads-up, I guess.
The coffee sucked. I thought about how the coffee at The Wheelhouse didn't suck. I wanted to try something new for a change but I couldn't decide. So I ordered the 2 egg breakfast. I don't think it needs to be capitalized because I'm pretty sure every breakfast place I've ever been to has a 2 egg breakfast.
I ordered it the way I always do. Kenny told to elderly waitress that she would have the same exact thing. The waitress made a common joke that contained the word 'easy' so obviously I replied with another, more risque joke that contained the word 'easy'. KennyQuinn thought it was really funny.
Our wait was short.
The eggs and toast were very good.
The home fries looked like they were at least 80 minutes old. They were wrinkled and shrunken in. Surprisingly tasty, though. Not Really tasty home fries, but way tastier than they looked. We ate all of them. Every single shriveled home fry was eaten and enjoyed.
Our bill was over $12.00
We over-tipped.
That's when we decided to eat breakfast on the reg in Quincy, and let people know how it went. I don't feel comfortable giving ratings.
This visit had another part to it that I shouldn't mention, but I'm going to; just so we don't forget.
It involves a possible familiar face, a failed attempt at capturing familiar face in picture, a failed attempt at creating a diversion, and a failed diversion attempt almost causing a possession charge.
The Early American has bathrooms that ensure privacy while pooping.

1 comment:

  1. The Early American is a little rough around the edges, that's for sure.

    Did you see that crazy post-9/11 picture they have hanging up? I believe it's a picture of Saddam or Osama (maybe Obama?) with a sniper scope over his face.

    Man so ruthless.

    ReplyDelete